Gala Games (GALA) is a platform where numerous blockchain-based games are created, in which players take actual ownership of their in-game items through the use of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Who Is Gala Games’ Owner?
Eric Schirmeyer founded Gala Games in July 2019 with the goal of creating a blockchain-based gaming network that would give players more rights to their games.
Schirmeyer also co-founded Zynga (Z2NG34), a popular social and mobile gaming company. Under Schirmeier’s leadership, Zynga has launched successful games like Poker, Mafia Wars, and Farmville.
Other important names behind Gala Games are Wright Thurston, one of the first major cryptocurrency miners and holder of several patents in blockchain technology, and Michael McCarthy, creative director of games such as Farmville 2. In all, the Gala Games team consists of 60 people.
Launched in 2020, the platform was one of the first in the “play to win” niche, rewarding players with GALA tokens for participating in numerous games.
How Does Gala Games Work?
Gala is not a separate game but an ecosystem with various 100% free blockchain games that players can access through a decentralized application (DApp).
Now Gala Games continues to work on five different games, viz:
- Echoes of Empire - is a sci-fi strategy game set in a galaxy at war. Players can own their spaceships and control parts of the galaxy. The game is still in development and will be available for PC.
- Fortified - is a Tower Defense game set in a medieval world. Players compete to develop the best strategies.
- Town Star is a game about building and developing a farm town, in which the player builds a farm to compete in weekly tournaments and win NFT. The goal is to create a productive city. The game can be accessed from a PC or cell phone.
- Spider Tank - is an online multiplayer battle arena game that allows players to choose a location on the map to battle with other players. The game can be accessed via PC.
- Mirandus - is a fantasy role-playing game in which players fight monsters in different locations and build their lands to generate income. In the game, players have complete freedom of choice. They can go into the wilderness alone to test their luck against the monsters of the dense forests and dungeons. Players can access Mirandus from their PC. Unfortunately, the game is not yet available in a mobile version.
A full-fledged NFT store also awaits players in the Gala market, supporting all in-game assets owned by players. Items are divided into six rarity classes: ordinary, unusual, rare, epic, legendary, and ancient, and thanks to the integration with CoinPayments, they can be bought or sold for several cryptocurrencies.
What Makes Gala Games Unique?
There is nothing new in the cryptocurrency industry with games based on the “play to win” principle and blockchain with player-owned assets. Nevertheless, Gala Games has a few tricks that can help it forge its own more successful path in this increasingly crowded space.
Below we take a look at some of its most notable differentiators.
Based on the Binance Smart-Chain
In addition to the increased interest in blockchain games, another reason for the token’s strong growth is that the platform has expanded its activities beyond the Ethereum network. Gala Games also works with Binance Smart Chain (BSC) and Polygon (MATIC). This allows users to significantly reduce transaction fees when placing or spending their GALA tokens.
There are about half a dozen blockchain-based games in development in the world of games on the Gala platform. They include role-playing games, space exploration, Tower Defense, and more.
Built-in Online Gala Market
The Gala market cap allows players to buy and sell in-game items freely. This will enable players to easily get liquidity for their in-game items or purchase new characters to increase their in-game experience and characteristics.
Gala Games has over 1.3 million active users, unlike most “play to win” games, typically with tens to hundreds of thousands of players. Therefore, games released through the platform are likely to become some of the most popular P2E games in the blockchain space right from the start.
What Is Gala Token?
A proprietary service token known as GALA has been released for this platform. The token is the main digital asset in the Gala Games ecosystem. Gala Games coin is used to buy items, peer-to-peer payments, rewards, and more.
Members of the Gala Games ecosystem can also contribute by launching a Gala Node. To do so, users will need to purchase a license, after which they can run the node software from their home computer and receive rewards in the form of potentially rare GALA tokens and NFT tokens.
GALA Price Chart
GALA currently prices at $0.164 at writing with a 24-hour trading volume of $264,347,848. The coin is among the top 100 cryptocurrencies and sits at No. 72, with a market capitalization of $1,141,667,373. There are 7.5 billion GALA coins in circulation and 37.3 billion coins.
Gala Games aims to refocus the gaming industry by giving players back control of their games. Gala Games’ mission is to create “blockchain-based games that you want to play. The project seeks to change the fact that players spend hundreds of dollars on gaming assets and countless hours spent playing games that can be taken away from them at the click of a button. Instead, the project plans to bring creativity to games by giving players control over games and in-game assets using blockchain technology.