- 1. Principles:
- Privacy is a human right and software should help protect your rights.
- We don’t require you to register or log in.
- We don’t have access to your funds (private keys).
- We don’t require your name or email address.
- 2. Registration/Login Not Required
Guarda does not require you to register or log in.
- 3. Private Keys Stay on a Device
Your private keys will stay on your device.
- 4. Camera Data Stays on Device
Your camera will only be used for reading QR codes. Camera images will never leave your device.
- 5. Device Information:
We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile application, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. This information will never be communicated to third-parties unless you provide prior specific consent.
- 6. Other kinds of information you may provide to us
Your email address, virtual currency addresses, mobile phone number and any other information you choose to provide will never be communicated to third-parties unless you provide prior specific consent.
- 7. Blockchain Transactions
Your blockchain transactions may be relayed through servers (“nodes”) and will be publicly visible due to the public nature of distributed ledger systems.
- 8. Secure Communication with Our Servers
All of our servers support HTTPS.
- 9. Communication with Third-Party Servers
Exchange rates, balances, transactions and other blockchain information may be read from or relayed to, third-party servers. We cannot guarantee the privacy of your Internet connection.
- 10. Third-Party Services
Guarda has software integrations with third-party services that you may choose to use, for example:
- Exchange for Guarda Mobile Light Wallet Applications/Guarda Web-based Exchange/Guarda Web Wallets is supported by:
- Coins purchase with a banking card for Guarda Mobile Light Wallet Applications/Guarda Web-based Wallet/Guarda Web-based Cryptocurrency Purchase is supported by:
- Hardware wallet device for Guarda Web-based Wallet is supported by:
- 11. Aggregate Usage Statistics
We may collect Guarda services usage information in order to improve function or UI, but will only use this information in an aggregated, anonymized fashion, and never in association with your name, email, or other personally identifying information.
- 12. Optional Extra PII (Personally Identifying Information)
You may choose to provide us with personally identifying information in order to participate in certain programs, activate features, or obtain other benefits but you will always be able to use the basic features of Guarda without providing personally identifying information. If you provide us with personally identifying information then, notwithstanding any part of this policy, we may use that information in order to provide you with services or to improve the functioning or UI of Guarda.
- 13. All User Information is Confidential
Your personally identifying information will be kept strictly confidential and never provided to third parties (other than in an aggregated, anonymized report such as the number of users per month). All Guarda staff are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- 14. Why we collect your personal information
- 15. What type of information we collect
Any information that we collect is necessary either to provide you the services or to comply with legal regulations and legislation.
You may refuse to provide us with some types of the personal information requested, but in this case we may not be able to ensure that the service works properly for you and that all services are available.
Depending on the service you wish to use, we may collect the following types of information:
- Full name, date of birth, nationality, place of birth, age, phone number, home address, and/or email.
- Tax number, passport number, driver’s license details, national identity card details, photograph identification cards.
- Bank account details, payment card details, transaction history, trading data, and/or tax identification.
- Survey responses, information provided to our support team, public social networking posts, authentication data, security questions, user ID, other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
- 16. How your personal information is used
The main purpose for collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, and convenient experience. How this information can be used:
- to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve the services that you use on Guarda website;
- to comply with the legal requirements and applicable legislation;
- for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- 17. Additional information from external sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources as required or permitted by applicable law, such as public databases, credit bureaus, ID verification partners, resellers and channel partners, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. We obtain such information to comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering laws. Our lawful basis for processing such data is compliance with legal obligations. In some cases, we may process additional data about you to ensure our Services are not used fraudulently or for other illicit activities.
- 18. Automatically collected information
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, problem solving and service improvement. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- 19. Cookies
- 20. Sharing personal Information with other parties
Guarda may share your information in the following circumstances:
- We share your information with third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Guarda to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third party databases.
- We may share your information with financial institutions with which we partner to process payments you have authorised.
- We may share your information with with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, as may be required by law.
- 21. Protection of the personal information
We will not permit any third parties to contact you directly on an unsolicited basis in relation to their own products or services. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. You should never disclose your account password to unauthorized parties. We use certain security measures to help keep your personal information safe, but we cannot guarantee that these measures will stop any users try to get around the privacy or security settings on the Website through unforeseen and/or illegal activity.
- 22. Support Requests
If you contact support then as part of the support request we may incidentally collect your personally identifying information but we will endeavor to keep that information secure and confidential. Support information may be managed using a third-party service and further terms of that service may apply to your support request.
- 23. Acceptance
- 24. Questions
Any questions about this policy, the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data by Guarda or access to your Personal Data which is required by law (or would be so subject had the storage in question taken place in a relevant EU member state if the case may be but not otherwise) to be disclosed should be directed to [email protected].