How to Claim ETHW After the Merge
If you have ETH holdings in a crypto wallet, you can now easily claim the ETHW token. The token—ETHW—has a 1:1 ratio to ETH, meaning you will get the same amount of ETHW based on your total ETH balance as of 2022-09-15 06:42:42 (UTC). This doesn’t mean they have the same value as ETH is currently around $1,300 while the ETHW is about $6.
For instance, if you have 0.5 ETH, you get 0.5 ETHW. So, 0.5 ETH and 0.5 ETHW will be about $650 and $3, respectively.
Follow this step-by-step guide to claim ETHW on Guarda.
- Create a new wallet and set a strong password. Make sure to write down the password because we do not store it on our server. If you are an existing user, just log in to your wallet with your password.
2. Click ‘Add wallet or connect ledger’ or click the ‘+’ above. Then, hit ‘Import.’
3. Once you have done that, search for EthereumPoW and input your Ethereum private key.
4. Click ‘Add wallet’ and hit ‘Confirm.’ The ETHW wallet will appear on your list. Download and save the backup file.
5. After that, the amount of ETH held in your wallet at the snapshot time will appear in your ETHW wallet.
Note: The ETH and ETHW wallets share the same address.
After importing the ETHW to your wallet, you can: