How to Create a Cryptocurrency Wallet
If you are about to embark on your cryptocurrency journey, you need to think of secure storage to keep your coins and tokens in. It might happen that cryptocurrency novices consider exchanges a good place to store crypto in, but sharing your personal data with third parties may lead to information leaks and an increasing chance of attacks. In this article, we will break down the basics of how to create a cryptocurrency wallet and share some tips that will help you find secure crypto storage.
What is a crypto wallet?
A good cryptocurrency wallet should give you the freedom to manage your funds and fully control them. Total control is essential both for blockchain newbies and big cryptocurrency investors, after all.
How to create a cryptocurrency wallet?
In this step-by-step guide, we will create a multi-currency crypto wallet on Guarda. Besides the Web version that we are going to cover here, Guarda Wallet has Desktop, Mobile, and Chrome Extension wallets.
- First of all, go to https://guarda.com/ from your browser.
- Once you are on the main page, click Create Wallet – you will see this button in the upper right corner.
- You will be taken to the welcome screen. If you have never had a cryptocurrency wallet on Guarda before, choose to create a new wallet again.
- Think of a strong password for your new crypto wallet and confirm it. Make sure to write it down and store it in a secure place out of the public eye.
- Download your wallet backup. Just like your password, the backup needs to be stored securely and, preferable, offline.
- Now you have created your new multi-currency wallet successfully.
To access your new Web wallet, you can simply go to Guarda’s Website. Now, as you have set up your wallet for cryptocurrency, the task you have is to protect it.
How do you protect your cryptocurrency wallet?
- Keep your data safe. Storing your private keys, passwords and backups securely is essential to the fund safely. Once someone has access to your information, your coins and tokens are in danger. Be sure to have a strong password and ensure nobody besides you has access to your backup file.
- Do not trust, verify. Cryptocurrency space, just like the real world, is a place for many evil-doers. Guarda Wallet team wants you to know it and never share your private keys with any people who ask for it (even though you think you trust them). Besides, putting your key into some website you have never used before is equally harmful.